a day in the life…

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Grace of Mama Rehema wants to know:

please describe to us your typical weekday, from when you wake up until when you go to bed, what do you do to get you up and going, how do you wind down in the evening and what happens in your life in between those times. For some of us, the drama is in the mornings and evenings and for others, it is during the day.

Drama? What drama?

I generally wake up early during the week. I’m not an early riser by nature, but if I get up and rush to get ready, I don’t feel awake enough to get through a work day. I go online and say hello to friends on Plurk and Facebook, as well as a couple of forums I follow. My mother, who wakes up even earlier, pops in and out to tell me something she just saw on the news. Since she’s been up forever, she’s bright and chirpy, and I’m still communicating in grunts.   After that, I shower and get dressed.

Then the drive to work, which may or may not include a stop for something along the way. I start my work day at 7 a.m., and am pretty much busy until lunch, around 11:30. Lunch is 45 minutes, and usually includes a quick check of email and Plurk from my cell phone–I don’t have internet access on the job, and if I did, most of the mail and social sites would be blocked.

Finally, it’s 3:30 p.m., time to go home. But first–rush hour! What a lie… everything slows to a crawl. Sometimes I stop for errands, sometimes I go straight home. Then I pick up the mail, talk to Mom, eat dinner, and unwind until bedtime, which seems to get earlier all the time.

Still awake? If you are, then go see Mama Rehema and see who else is playing. Maybe someone out there has a more exciting life than I do. :p


13 responses to “a day in the life…

  1. I love that I can work off hours so that I don’t have to deal with rush hour much. I get in around 9-9:30 and leave between 5:30 and 6 usually. Traffic is still there, but much lighter than the 8-9 and 4:30 to 5:30 time.

    • I used to work a 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. shift several years ago. It was hard to get up early enough to get to work that early, even though I didn’t live that far away, but the quiet first hour and getting off earlier than everyone else was worth it.

  2. zzzzzzzzz….just joking! Nothing wrong with that, I do like the time you finish working though, it’s handy because it still allows you time to do things afterwards without having to dash home and cram in your relaxation time.

    • Yeah, the early start can be hard, but 3:30 is a reasonable time to still get stuff done. I kind of miss working 6 a.m. to 2:30… missed the bad traffic completely, and that first hour of work was so peaceful because no one else was there.

  3. I have internet at work and yes, all the social networks are blocked, can you imagine how much time we would waste if they were not blocked. Yours sounds like a typical day Thanks for playing

  4. Hello CG! I’m late getting around to Fun Monday posts this week. I’m retired now, but loved that I live only 15 minutes from my workplace when I did work. And, I could take back roads and never have to get on the main streets or interstate. How good it felt to be zooming along and look over and see the traffic gridlock on the interstate. We also worked a compressed schedule so we got off at noon every Friday. I loved that. Everyone wishes for a time to do errands when most people are still at work. Makes life so much more simple.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s